Dallas Apartment Living
Dallas Area Information
Dallas, Texas is one of the biggest cities in the United States. It is the ninth largest city in the US and the third in Texas. It has more than a million residents living in its 340.5 square miles of land area, 1,197,816 in 2010 to be exact. Dallas became a city in 1856, 15 years after it was founded. These are the boring facts about the city that nobody seems to care about. However there are many interesting facts about the city of Dallas that not many seem to know about.
- Dallas is known to have one of the world’s best barbecues. It has its own way of cooking barbeque, which is pit smoking. This cooking method gives the barbeque a distinct smoky taste and it makes the meat very tender.
- There is a number of five star restaurants in Dallas including Abacus, the restaurant owned by “Iron Chef” Kent Rathbun. Most of these restaurants serve, yes you guessed it – steak!
- Dallas is home of the Dallas Cowboys, the wealthiest team in the National Football League. It is also the second top valued sports team in the US, and only lags behind Manchester United.
- Another famous Dallas sport figures are the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. They are so famous that they have done 36 US tours.
- Oil is not what drives the economy of Dallas but the sizable number of financial centers located in the city. It has the third largest concentration of Fortune 500 companies in the country.
- Because Dallas is home to a large number of big companies, it’s airport is also one of the world’s most busiest.
- Dallas has a one million square feet convention center, which makes it one of the convention capitals of the US.